Scheduled games may only be rescheduled or postponed by AMSA for such reasons as weather related, field availability, conflict in schedules and actions beyond the control of AMSA. There are five exceptions to this requirement.
1. A team that has a State or National Cup game on the same weekend as a scheduled league game has an absolute right to have the league game rescheduled.
2. Any team which has two or more players playing for an Association supported select team on the same weekend as a scheduled league game has the right to have the league game rescheduled.
3. In other cases of unusual hardship (for example, a religious holiday involving most of a team), the Chairman of the Competition Committee may agree to reschedule a game without the consent of both teams. Any such request shall be sent to the Chairman and the Captain of the opposing team at least ten (10) days before the match in question. The Chairman shall consider any impact upon the opposing team.
4. Teams may re-schedule a game to which no official has been assigned, as provided in Rule 6.4.
5. A team may re-schedule a match for any reason, with the written agreement of the opposing team, so long as the match is re-scheduled and played within one (1) week of the official end of the Round.
6. In items 3 and 5 above, the team that is requesting the postponement shall be responsible for arranging a date, time, field, and Referees for the subsequent replay of that game, and any field rental cost not already paid by the Association shall be paid by the requesting team. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit and a $50.00 fine against that team.
7. No team shall be permitted to re-schedule more than one match per Round, regardless of the cause.
8. Except in cases of unusual hardship, all requests to postpone or reschedule a match must be submitted to the League Administrator and the opposing captain at least five (5) days in advance of the match in question. Failure to submit the request by the deadline will result in forfeiture of the match.
As amended by the AMSA Executive Committee on February 1, 2022.