Team and Player Registration Policy
AUSTIN MEN’S SOCCER ASSOCIATION
TEAM AND PLAYER REGISTRATION POLICY
A. TEAM REGISTRATION
1. Notice. Notice of registration for the Fall, Spring and Summer Rounds shall be sent approximately nine (9) weeks prior to the first match of each Round.
a. Registration shall be due five (5) weeks prior to the first match.
b. Late registration shall be allowed until four (4) weeks prior to the first match, subject to a penalty of $50.
c. Thereafter, late registration shall be allowed until three (3) weeks prior to the first match only as follows, and subject to an additional penalty of $50 (total late fee of $100):
i. Late registration for a particular division shall be allowed only if there is a “bye” in that division.
ii. At the option of the Competition Committee, if there are at least six (6) teams who register late, they may be aggregated into a new division for the next Round.
a. Team registration fees shall be $600 per Round. Registration fees shall not be refunded after the deadline for late registration as provided in Section 2.b above. Nothwithstanding the foregoing, is a division schedule does not provide nine (9) games per round, each remaining team shall be entitled to a pro-rata refund of their team registration fee.
b. Team registration fees shall be payable at the time of registration.
c. If a team fails to pay its team registration fee and penalties in full by at least three (3) weeks prior to the first match-date of a Round, it shall not be allowed to play in that Round, and their place in the schedule shall be treated as a “bye.”
d. Teams shall have the option of paying their team registration fees on an annual basis before the start of the Fall Round. If paid annually at least five (5) weeks prior to the first match of the Fall Round, the annual amount shall be discounted five percent (5%).
e. New teams are required to pay a $200 team bond (security deposit), which shall be refundable less fees owed should the team be expelled from or voluntarily leave the League.
f. Newly-registering teams shall not be subject to monetary penalties for late registration, but shall be subject to monetary penalties for late payment of team registration fees. (A team which has an existing AMSA ID number or which has more than 10 players who played on the same team in the previous Round does not qualify as a “newly-registering team.”)
g. Team fees must be paid in full by one credit card, check or money order.
h. Team fees are not refundable after the final day of the registration period.
4. Exceptions. The Competition Committee shall have the authority to extend any of the foregoing deadlines for good cause shown. In the case of late payment of fees, a deadline may be extended only where the team submits in writing a reasonable proposal for payment.
B. PLAYER REGISTRATION
1. Procedure. In order to register, a player must do the following:
a. Complete a registration form, including signing a waiver of liability in favor of the Association;
b. Submit a photograph of himself; and
c. Pay a registration fee.
2. Fees. Player fees shall be $40 per player per team each season. A player registering for more than one team shall pay $40 per team.
3. Completion of Registration. A player is considered registered only after he has paid his registration fee and has been listed on the team roster.
4. Non-Refundability. Player fees are non-refundable after the first match played by any team for which the player is registered, regardless whether the player actually plays in the match.
C. DECLINED PAYMENTS.
1. Payment of any fee or fine due to AMSA which is declined by any financial institution for any reason, shall be replaced by credit card, cashier’s check or money order in an amount which includes
a. the original declined amount;
b. any bank charges incurred by AMSA; and
c. a $10.00 penalty.
2. A player whose payment of registration fee is declined shall be removed from the roster of the team for which he sought to register; and he shall not be reinstated until and unless he has complied with this Section.
3. A team whose payment of registration fee is declined shall be removed from the division for which they sought to register; and they shall not be reinstated until and unless they have complied with this Section.
4. A team or player whose payment of any fine or penalty is declined shall be suspended from play, and shall not be reinstated until and unless they have complied with this Section.
As amended by the Board of Captains on August 30, 2021.
Please refer also to AMSA Rules on Team and Player Registrations.