OCSC Field Rental Information
PLEASE NOTE: ONION CREEK SOCCER COMPLEX IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. NO FIELD RENTAL REQUESTS CAN BE PROCESSED UNTIL WE HAVE PERMISSION TO REOPEN THE FIELDS.
If you are interested in renting a field at the Onion Creek Soccer Complex (OCSC), please send an email to the AMSA Administrator, Jenni Jones at email@example.com, with the following information:
-Name of group wanting to rent fields.
-Name of group’s contact person and contact information, including billing address.
-Number of fields needed.
-Date(s) that fields are needed – NOTE: Fields are generally only available for rental on Saturdays.
-Sport and type of event (e.g., league play or tournament).
-Estimated number of participants/attendees.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
*The fields cannot be rented or used for baseball, softball, kickball, rugby, American football, or concerts, due to the potential for damage to the turf.
*Hitting golf balls, paragliding, the use of metal detectors, and flying of remote-control aircraft (including drones) are not allowed at OCSC, per City of Austin Park Rules.
*The fields cannot be rented or used for practice/training sessions.
*The fields are only available for use from 8 AM to 6 PM.
*Field rental payments must be made by check, cashiers check, or money order.
Onion Creek Soccer Complex Rental Fees
(Effective March 2020)
Regular Field Rental: $249 per field/per day
This rental amount applies to non-income-generating regular youth or adult regular season games, playoffs, or friendlies. Typically, these rental opportunities are for Saturday play when the complex isn’t closed (1) for maintenance or (2) to protect the fields.
Tournament Field Rental: $499 per field/per day
This rental amount applies to tournaments or other special events. Typically, the complex is available for income-generating field rental during weekdays or during long holiday weekends (e.g., Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving) but not during off-season (see above).
Summer Camp Field Rental: $199/field/4 hours or $299/field/day
This rental amount applies to summer soccer camps and any other summer weekday uses. This type of rental is the exception of Provision 3 below in that fewer than four fields can be rented for this purpose during summer weekdays. If fewer than 4 fields are rented then there is an additional $100 setup fee to open the complex and setup the facility for the day. The $100 setup fee is per day.
Miscellaneous Field Preparation Fee: Price quoted per application
This fee shall be assessed at the renter’s request to have the AMSA field operator set up benches and transport teams’ equipment and supplies to and from the fields. This is necessary to prevent unauthorized vehicles from driving into the field area.
Alternate Field Lining\Goal Displacement Fee: Price quoted per application
Other non-soccer sports such as Aussie Rules Football, Flag Football, Ultimate Frisbee, Hurling, and Gaelic Football require specific dimensions for a regulation field. Temporary lines can only be established by the AMSA field operator. The event could require the goals to be displaced as well. A quote will include amounts to re-line the fields and/or return goals for their original intent. The provided quote will be specific to the rental agreement. At a minimum this fee starts at $300.
- In General: All rental fees are turn-key, including the cost of opening and closing the complex, putting up nets and flags, and putting out and collecting garbage cans at each rented field. Use of the fields is governed by the AMSA Onion Creek Soccer Complex Field Use Policy: http://www.austinmenssoccer.com/about-amsa/amsa-policies/onion-creek-soccer-complex-field-use-policy/.
- Priority of Use: The “Priority of Use” section of the AMSA Onion Creek Soccer Complex Field Use Policy determines the priority order of which groups can rent the fields ((see above).
- Minimum Use Requirement: Because of the cost involved in opening and closing the complex and potential security problems, AMSA will not open the complex for field rental of fewer than four fields on a given day; however, AMSA will rent out available individual fields when other groups are renting fields at the complex (for example, on Saturdays when the Austin Co-Ed Soccer Association is playing).
- Advance Payment: The entire rental fee must be paid at the time of reservation. However, if the entire complex is rented, only 50% of the rent must be paid at the time of the reservation. A field reservation will not be made until such payment has been received by AMSA.
- Refund of Rent Upon Cancellation: In the event of cancellation, AMSA reserves the right to withhold a percentage of the rent, depending upon the number of days prior to the date of use, as follows:
-If cancellation is made more than 30 days in advance: 20% of rent will be withheld
-If cancellation is made 15-30 days in advance: 50% of rent will be withheld
-If cancellation is made fewer than 15 days in advance: 100% of rent will be withheld
Notwithstanding the foregoing, is AMSA is able to collect the same amount of rent from another user for the same time-period for which the field were originally rented, AMSA may choose to refund all but 20% of the rent.
In addition, AMSA reserves the right to issue a credit for future rent, in an amount depending upon the date of cancellation as provided above.
AMSA may withhold 20% of the rent in any event to cover the administrative cost of the reservation and cancellation process.
- Cancellation Due to Rain-out: In the event of rain or other conditions of any kind which make the fields unfit for use, or in the event that AMSA concludes that there is a credible prediction of same–
A. AMSA reserves the right to cancel reservations, in which case AMSA will refund the entire rent or issue a credit for future rent; or
B. The lessee-organization may cancel the reservation, subject to AMSA’s approval, which shall not be reasonably withheld.
In such an event, AMSA shall either refund the entire payment or issue a credit for the same, as may be requested by the lessee.
- Limitation of Fields for Youth Play: Because the number of people and therefore vehicles for youth games is almost double that of adult games, AMSA reserves the right to limit the number of fields it rents for youth tournaments and league play.
- No Practice: Fields cannot be rented for practice either by AMSA teams or other individuals and organizations.
- Damage to Fields: The field rental deposit will be forfeited in full if any parties associated with the Lessee are found to have damaged the field in any way, moved the goals, and/or are found to have driven unauthorized vehicles onto the field area (including the pathways next to the fields). AMSA may deduct such additional fees from any advance rental payments made by the offending party for future reservations.