OCSC Field Facilitator position availalble
Austin Men’s Soccer Association is looking for a primary Field Facilitator.
This person is responsible for opening and closing the Onion Creek Soccer Complex on match days, hanging the goal nets, setting up trash cans and other equipment, and packing all gear and equipment away at the end of the weekend.
This position requires a responsible and communicative person, or persons, who are very dependable, punctual, and able to work independently without direct day-to-day supervision. The Field Facilitator is critical to League Play and AMSA Operations and as such, persons with an interest or passion for soccer and community wellness are strongly encouraged to apply.Weekend Schedule
The position is offered on weekends (Friday through Sunday) and on occasional weekdays, following this calendar:
- Fall: Labor Day weekend until early December
- Spring: Mid-February to late May
- Summer: Early June to mid-August
- Opening: Friday 5pm – Saturday 8am, Nets must be up by 7am
- Trash: Sunday 7am, Collect trash and replace liners, setup admin table, AED, and Mule ATV (approx. 1 hr)
- Closing: Sunday 5pm, all nets, trash cans, and equipment returned to storage.
Mid weekend rain outs may alter this schedule depending on field conditions.
The pay for this position is $250 per weekend, paid at the end of the month. Total compensation for this position will not exceed $12,000 annually.
For tax reporting purposes, this individual will be an independent contractor (1099).
Additional Benefits and Compensation
No benefits will be offered as part of this position.
A bonus is paid at the end of each round if the contractor completes all AMSA Field Facilitator responsibilities thoroughly and on time.
Contractor Key Responsibilities
The field facilitator’s responsibilities include:
- Assess Field Conditions for playability and coordinate with the League .Administrator, or AMSA Leadership to determine the opening or closing of the facility.
- Ensure proper and timely setup of all fields for use in a given weekend under the direction of the League Administrator.
- TImely removal and storage off all AMSA equipment at the conclusion of League Play.
- Setup, emptying, and storage off all AMSA trash cans (approximately 10 cans) each match day.
- Responsible for locking and unlocking various gates, equipment containers, and other access points with strong discretionary skills to protect AMSA fields, equipment, and OCSC attendees.
- Ability to safely operate a Mule ATV on turf and park paths.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs and able to safely use a step ladder to reach heights of 8 feet.
- Represent AMSA and its mission in all client and membership interactions.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a letter of interest and your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Austin Men’s Soccer Association is a recreational adult soccer league with a diverse membership of over 3,000 players reflecting the communities in Central Texas. AMSA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.